Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Transplant Day

We got the call for Ian's transplant yesterday morning about 9:15. Brett was out of town on business in Philly so I was solo with both kids. It was too foggy to fly so I had to drive to Atlanta to get here by 4pm. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders for certain. It was all hurry up and wait--we waited all night and into the next morning. I am waiting in the OR area as Ian is just now going to start the transplant--he's been in the OR for 2+ hours already. Things have been crazy with trying to get Livy taken care of--she isn't taking a bottle which is causing huge problems. She also cannot be in the room with Ian at all in PICU or when he is on the regular floor which is causing a new set of variations in our plan. Anyone reading this wondering what they can do to help--prayers for all of our family would be a huge help; prayers for Ian's health and recovery--Livy to take a bottle and be a good girl for those watching her--Elaine and Brett to have the stamina to make it through this. I will try to post more when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Richard said...

We are happy for your family and prayers are being sent for you all the time. We love you and are praying for Ian's recovery and the rest of the family.