Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recovery Day 1 and Clean up crew



I'm home in Charleston for a few hours to get the house in "leaving" order as I won't be back for a while. I feel like I'm running a marathon that just doesn't stop....laundry, return library books, take down the christmas tree, pack clothes, hold the mail, etc. One of my key jobs is to get Mr. Puppy--Ian's lovey for him as well as Harold the Helicopter. I totally bolted without either of these items on Tuesday. My parents are here helping me get a few tasks done and then I am driving back to ATL tomorrow morning.


Ian is my hero. He has been a champ through everything. He has only said his tummy hurts once so far which is amazing to me. I've had two c-sections nothing close to what he has gone through and for those I was saying I hurt a lot more than just once. He will have lots of physical therapy to help him get back to the running and jumping, etc. The day before the call we had gone outside for a walk and chalk and running in the back yard and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that we did that; so glad.


We are trying to decide how to handle the whole Christmas in the hospital thing--Ian knows that Santa is very aware that he is at the hospital and to bring some of his presents there but Santa will likely make another visit to our home after we are back and settled.


The surgical team, doctors, nurses and staff have been wonderful. Just wanted to express our gratitude to everyone who has prayed for us and helped us in anyway. Many many thanks for helping us as we cross hurdles everyday with Ian's recovery.
Brett and Ian both have blog sites with information so check the side bar for those sites....




3 comments:

Richard said...

We are happy that things are going well and our love for Ian is growing stronger still. Our prayers continue.

Amy said...

Great to "hear" from you via this update. Hang in there E, we're all still praying for you. Remember to breathe!

Jaime said...

YAY!!!! It is so surreal for us, so I KNOW it must be that way for you and yours. YAY!!!!