Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fever on Day 11

Ian had a fever last night. It spiked around 100 degrees. Fevers are normal after transplant but it is being watched very closely. He is also have some adverse reaction to the antibiotics and so he is having blood cultures done, etc. We should have results starting to come back today but others take 48 hours. The doctors are not concerned so we are trying not to be either. Another antibiotic has been started to help curb any possible new "bugs" that he may be contending with.

I went to sacrament meeting at my sisters ward today. It was great to go to church for just that little bit. Brett and Ian of course could not attend. One of the speakers talked on service and it was so timely with all the service that is being rendered for Ian and us. My sister made meals for us for a whole week--I don't even know how to begin to thank her.

I am going back to see Ian tonight and deliver dinner for Brett. Ian and I will, I am sure play Hi Ho Cherry-O another game that he has recently discovered. It is very cute to see him with the spinner as this is the first game he has played with a spinner. He continues to enjoy go fish, snap and don't spill the beans. Memory is also in the mix.

I played engines with Ian today on the floor. He gets frustrated when his long train doesn't stay together when chugged. He is also very particular about which engines line up next to each other. (Only Thomas should pull Annie and Claribel; Gordon must lead the line, Percy should pull the Chinese dragon, and so forth).

Livia had a good night last night overall--stayed in the pack and play until 3am which means she is not in the bed with me. I know we are going to have habits for both kids to break when we are done this but for now it is just about enduring and survival.

Yesterday I was able to watch a few minutes of a college football bowl game with my parents while I fed Livia--yes multitasking as always. It was great to just sit and watch the game. I am hopeful to watch the Hokies play in Ian's room with him on the 1st--he is very cute when he makes the time-out symbol, etc. I also went to target for some "retail therapy" and it was wonderful. I bought a christmas shirt for myself and stocking holders for next year. I also needed to get the next size of clothes for Livia as she is getting too big for almost everything that I packed. I bought two sleep and play outfits for her to tide us over for a few.

We are hopeful that tomorrow brings us to the transplant floor but we will see....

2 comments:

M and B said...

E- I just wanted to say you are so amazing, and you're doing an awesome job being a mom at this rough time, I'm sure it is not easy trying to divide your time and energy. Do what you have to do to get through it (even if the kids get "bad habits", they know you love them) Praying for you, and wishing I could be there to help give you a break...

Amy said...

glad you got to go to Target!
Loves to you.