Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Season











So now that Thanksgiving has past and Christmas is right around the corner I figured that I would update my blog on the subject of holidays. Thanksgiving itself was wonderful however the traffic coming home was less than desirable....a 5.5 hour journey took 10 hours. The kids were actually very good considering. Ian loved the tukey and had his first piece of pumpkin pie. I got up on black friday to hot the sales at 5am. I was able to get what I wanted only b/c I sprinted through the stores. My strategy of no cart serves me well.


Christmas time is my favorite but this year I am feeling a bit motr like the grinch for some reason. We got our tree up last night--lights were again tangled despite efforts last year to avoid that. Ian has found the magic of the season this year which is great. He asks about Santa a lot and is a bit weray of our chimney. I managed to get everyone in Santa hats for a quick picture although I want a redo when we are all dressed nicely in front of a decorated tree next round.

Ian is learning Christmas songs and his favorites are Jolly Old St. Nick; We wish you a merry Christmas (complete with figgy pudding verse), and Up on the housetop. He had his first ever roasted marshmellow and didn't like the "fire" on it at all. We'll work on developing that taste.
We've made a countdown chain with various activities on it to help the days and today we are to do a holiday craft so wish us luck and think of us as we glue shiny pom poms on craftsticks, etc.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Kudos on the no cart--it is my favorite method too. Have fun with 2 during the holidays--at least you are not traveling with presents.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Hey Elaine! You guys look very cute in your family pictures, it looks like all are doing pretty well! How is it handling two little ones? I have yet to jump that hurdle! Merry Christmas!