Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After Christmas--Day 9

We are still in PICU and will be until at least Monday. This is erring on the side of caution but still somewhat of a bummer as we were hoping to be out by this weekend. The surgeon just wants to be careful and I appreciate that but at the same time going to the transplant floor would help things in terms of the juggling act I have been keeping up for over a week now. It has been rough.

I've been to the hospital twice today and got hte report this AM that Ian was calling out for me in the night. Yeah....that made me feel great. I tried to spend extra time and am going back tonight (with soft TP in hand) to play more rounds of go fish, don't spill the beans, and snap--new games from Christmas that Ian is loving. I am grateful to get some others into the rotation as CandyLand is great but only for about 3 times in a row then I need a break from Gloppy and Mr. Mint.

Livia has been a picky princess today in terms of bottles. She is so cute and I love her so I can't be mad at her. I fed her in a steaming hot lactation room in the hospital and I think we both lost about 3 pounds--it was roasting! She did pretty good last night over all.

Grandpa Meldrum is staying iwth my Mom (aka Grandma Meldrum) and I for a few here at the Mason House as my sisters family is sick and we can't have the germs right now with ian high on immunosuppressants. So the four of us are rooming in a single room--my dad was on a pull out chair last night so I could have a bed--thanks dad! We are so blessed to have the Mason House to stay at!

I had my mom and Dad go to target for the after christmas sales--I need some wrapping paper and stocking holders for next year. I think I may try to go tomorrow--hopefully timing of things will work out. They got some new closed lid drinks for Brett as that is all he is allowed in the PICU.

So we are doing well still on Day 9 and continue to count our blessings naming them one by one...

No comments: