Monday, December 22, 2008

Livia took a bottle

Livia took a bottle this AM from my mom! This is huge and a real answer to prayers. Thank you to all who have been praying for us for this.

I was with Ian with the doctors rounded today. Looks like Ian will be here until after Christmas in PICU which is what we expected. One of the meds has to be given here in PICU so until he is done needing it he will be in PICU. He'll get his staples out in 3 weeks about and his surgical drain about the same time. His NG tube can come out when he can take all meds orally.

Ian's labs continue to trend down/up as appropriate. I am a numbers girl and the surgeon told me not to follow just one or two numbers or I would go nuts.

I am heading to the store to get some things we need today--soap, deod., stocking things for Ian b/c I didn't bring any, etc.

Again, thank you to everyone praying for us. I cannot say enough thanks to all those who have helped us in any way. We are so grateful and are humbled by the outpouring of love.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Heather said...

Yeah! Way to take one for the team Livvy!