Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 15 New Years Day

We celebrated New Years by watching some football bowl games in Ian's room. It reminded us a bit of when he was in the hospital for hte Kisai. I went to my sisters house iwth Livia and parents for New Years day dinner. Brett and Ian had their special dinner at the hospital.

The doctors told us that Ian looks like he can be discharged on Friday if all holds well. We aren't keeping our hopes up on that but it is still exciting nontheless. Average stay in hospital is 21 days so if we can get out a bit ahead of that it would be great.

Ian's prograf level was high today so the doctors are watching it. They are thinkng that his labs were drawn right after the med and that is why.

Livia and I were solo at the guest house last night. I watched the Orange Bowl to cheer my alma mater, VT on to victory. I held Livia the entire time which was good as it made me not so animated. Brett and I were sending texts about the plays throughout--both of us wished we could be there but alas, we can dream for a future year.

Our new year has been a good one and we can only hope for great days ahead.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy New Year! I was thinking of you while watching the Hokies and hoping you were able to cheer them on.
Love ya!