Sunday, January 18, 2009

Temple Trip Day 32




So what to do today on Sunday when we aren't ready to go to church....why go to the Atlanta temple grounds with Grandpa Herbst and Grandma Jenn. It was chilly and I couldn't find Ian's hat so I let him use mine. The gloves were his though....I know now that a mother invented mittens without the finger compartments....goodness!




I was able to get pictures downloaded off the camera today so I'll be posting some of those on my facebook page soon--I say soon as that depends on how Livy does tonight/tomorrow as she is determining my spare time allotment right now. Although she is clueless, I am loving seeing her in new clothes that Brett brought from Charleston. I had only a few outfits (like 5) for her here and so now she has a broader spectrum now....complete with hairbows that Brett asked if she really needed when packing up the list of things to bring.




Ian got showered today with presents from Grandma Jenn and Grandpa Herbst including four, yes four, new Thomas engines. He got Farmer McColls chicken cars that cluck when you touch them, the aquarium cars that are magnetic on the top and sides (a plus for when Santa brings Cranky in Charleston--we still haven't had our Christmas there), Bertie the Bus, and Disel 10 which was the hit of the day. Ian is actually sleeping with Disel 10 next to his bed tonight. Several great new books were also given--The Very Busy Spider is one of them. He was so excited and I was too. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!




Grandma Jenn also did haircuts for us this weekend while visiting and I got new highlights--I feel so trendy :) Ian was a bit leary of seeing me with the foils but relaxed a bit when he found out he was only getting a trim--not highlights like Mommy.




Dinner here tonight was odd in the fact it was really adult food being severed at RMH which is for children--so things like asaparagus, crab quiche, etc. Ian had a roll downstairs and chowed a string cheese when we got upstairs. He got to stay up late tonight because of G&G being here.




It has been wonderful to have Brett here and I am sad that tomorrow is arriving so quickly. He is going to try to fly back on a buddy pass this Friday to be here. My brother and his family are flying through ATL and we are hopeful to see them Saturday and then Brett's sister and family are driving trhough ATL and we are hopeful to see them Sunday.....all contingent on being "germ" free of course. It is late so I'm going to wrap this up.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Of course you need hair bows, Brett! I said if I ever had a girl, I would put her in a dress, everyday, just because I could. Sounds like a fun family filled weekend--good for you. And congrats on the yummy adult meal. I bet it was nice to take a break from nuggets etc.