Monday, January 26, 2009

Still here day 40

So we're still in ATL at RMH. Ian's prograf level was really low from today's labs so they want to keep us here. We'll have labs again on Wednesday and go to clinic. Honestly, I would have been suprised to leave today and have thought that this Wednesday would be the earliest we could leave.

The doctors did not change Ian's prograf dose right now---not wanting to knee jerk based on one lab draw. So we'll see what happens Wednesday.

We are packed up somewhat which is both helpful and painful....helpful as it tidies the place a bit nad helps me visualize what needs to be packed into my tiny corolla better. Painful as I had to dig out jammies, etc. for tonight.

Ian is doing well over all. I keep telling him not to pick at his incision site as it will make it hurt and get infected. He listens OK on that one. He still likes to open his syringes for when I flush his line, etc. Today I couldn't find the m&m's for his evening meds so we had to use mike and ikes instead--they worked just fine. He continues to inhale chocolate chip cookies and I am worried for when we leave RMH that I will need to bake weekly. Until this point, I am embarrassed to confess that I have made cookies about 10 times in the last 8 years of marriage. Recipes for tasty (and easy) cookies are welcome :)

Livia is growing even more. She is in size 2 diapers and will some of the 3 months size things are getting tight. She is a chub and honestly I love it as Ian never really had rolls b/c of his liver disease. She loves her Einstein gym, the bouncy chair and pretty much being on the floor so she can kick and play. Ian still struggles a bit with knowing how much is too much for her in terms of hugs, etc.

Brett made it back ok to Charleston flying standby (thanks to Caylors for hte buddy pass). He will drive this next weekend if we are still here. He is going to be meeting with two pediatricians this week to find a new one....our previous one in SC is fine just a massive long wait each time of more htan an hour. Ian's transplant team has indicated that if he is sick, they want someone to see him right away and we just don't see that happening with the current doctor.

Lots of people have been asking how I am doing...honestly, I am doing OK. Sure I'd like to be home at this point, etc. but I am trying to stay mentally strong and focus on all the wonderful blessings of Ians' new liver. The first thing I do plan to do when I get home is.......lay on my own bed for a few and maybe even take a nap.....then I'll worry about the stack of mail, unpacking, etc........

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've got recipes, when you're ready. Got your card-thank you. Love to everyone.

Melinda said...

You deserve the nap...everything else WILL wait. It has for this long, and we know that all the important stuff is taken care. What a strong family!!!! We're sending our prayers and love!

Jaime said...

There is always something about your own bed. I have another package to send your way. Thanks for the note...but you don't have to do that. I will head to the PO when it warms up. At least no snow in ATL, right?

Nicki said...

Keep staying strong! I am impressed that you have managed being away from home that long. I love to travel, but like you crave my own bed and neatly organized stuff.