Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yesterday passed in somewhat of a blur....a lazy morning, lunch at IHOP with Grandpa Herbst and Grandma Jenn then leaving, Daddy leaving, and then a pick up of Grandma, dinner, meds, and bed.

I managed to get all the pictures from the camera downloaded--almost 200 of them. I posted a few on my facebook page. I was pretty selective about what I put on there not wanting to expose Ian too much, etc. It is amazing to go back and look and rememeber different things from our experience. I think Ian's coloring started to really change around Christmas and that is about right for when his billirubin level really started to come down.

I have mederma for him to use--we are doing neosporin on places other than his tummy still right now. I hope to get the all clear from the doctors on Wednesday to start using the mederma to lessen the appearance of the inscision line. I used it for his other surgery and it worked well. Ian will win any scar story contests hands down. The doctors have told us some kids make up stories to go with it--bar fights, shark bites, etc. We'll see if Ian comes up with anything for his letter T--right now it is for Thomas the Train and (or what we've talked about) and he seems to appreciate that. I may try to go back and post some pictures here with the blog at approrpriate entries...we'll see if I can carve out that type of time.

So Ian is fighting meds a bit today--not sure if it is for the show with Grandma Meldrum being back or what. Morning meds were eventually taken but not without a threat to take away Disel 10.

I took Ian in for labs this morning. The staff have the inaguration coverage on in every patient room. He did great for labs over all. He tends to squeak a bit when they first call him back but then realizes it is no big deal anymore. I took some pictures of Ian getting labs and will get them downloaded at some point. He didn't get his PICC line dressing changed today so that means tomorrow at clinic we'll need to get that done. I'm bracing for impact of the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth....

No comments: