Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Four Weeks Later Day 28

Labs today were a bit traumatic with the PICC line dressing change. A wigging, crying, and struggling Ian summs it up pretty well. No mother should have to go through that.

Clinic visit was short which is good. We had favorable reports from all the doctors. Ian's prograf level hasn't changed in about a week so that is good and one step closer to our journey home to charleston.

I did some PT exercises with Ian today--kicking a beach ball around. He loves it!

Livia is starting to think about rolling over and maybe trying to grasp at toys. Brett is bringing the next size of clothes for her this weekend when he comes as she definitely needs them. She was a bit fussy today.

Tomorrow is a trip to Brusters for a banana split--Grandma's treat! Yummy.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Enjoy the banana splits! Sounds good, except for all the screaming, ect. When do you get to do that?

Jaime said...

I can't believe Livia is in the next size...sorry for a rough day. Glad Brett gets to come down for a little bit--and even more glad you are celebrating the end of the week with ice cream!

Richard said...

I am so glad to hear that things are improving. I too love kicking a beachball around. Enjoy your icecream trip.

Unknown said...

Brett told me you had a blog, but I didn't get a chance to search for it until today. It is great to be able to follow your and Ian's progress.
I really miss all of you, but admit Ian's smile and personality have a special place in my heart. I can't wait to see all of you together at church.