Monday, January 12, 2009

Outing on Day 26

Ian and I went to labs today. It was about a 7 out of 10 in terms of the trauma meter. The nurse told me that all the kids go through this phase of not wanting to be there and at the "end" they march in like they were in a band they are so used to things.

After labs and some quiet time we had an outing. This outing consisted of Livia, Ian, Grandma and myself and we went to the Dollar Store--well only Livia and I got out of the car. We went to get a mop as our transplant suite does not have one and we are not allowed to share the general RMH mop in our transplant wing due to germs. I also purchased some swiffer cloths as the floors are all vinyl and the dust is very visable. Grandma has already mopped her room but is waiting until after the foot traffic (aka Ian) goes to bed.

When we got back from the outing, we purchased soda from the coca-cola machine down in the kitchen for $.25. Ian wanted Lemonade and I told him he wouldn't like it and he didn't belive me--he bought it and didn't drink any. I refrained from the "told you so" lecture and poured him a glass of chocolate milk which he loved.

Tomorrow we are going to a small airport nearby (PDK) and watching the planes as Ian loves seeing them from our window here. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

No comments: