Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 22 Wiped Out

So I'm calling it that I am offically tired. Tired of cleaning up body fluids. Tired of fighting Ian on meds. Tired from Livia not taking a pacifer. Tired from lack of sleep. Tired of not having a routine to help give our day some structure and therefore help my sanity.

Other than being tired things are OK. Ian's labs yesterday were "off" a bit likely due to his illness. When we first arrived they told us that we needed to be readmitted. Major bummer. They started IV fluid for Ian. He perked up during that process and started to eat some goldfish crackers given to him by the transplant coordinator. This convinced the transplant doctors to not readmit him. YESSSSS!! Prayers were answered. Ian had to go for labs again today (he normally would be only a MWF schedule). We also were told we may need to come in for fluid again but so far no phone call yet.

Ian got his staples out yesterday---eek! Trauma. After two being removed without meds, he finally was given something to help him relax a bit. The med makes him essentially drunk. Never having been drunk myself it was most funny to see Ian slurring his speech and not able to walk, etc. We had to wheel him down to the car in a wheelchair after clinic. I saved three staples only to loose them in the parking garage (they were in the top of my stroller and I collapsed it not remembering they were there). He has steri-strips on that will just fall off on their own at this point. He had a shower--of sorts--yesterday in celebration as well as special chickens--Mc'Ds chicken nuggets which we ate at Ronald's house :)

Brett hasn't gone back to Charleston yet--at this point it may be the weekend before he goes. We'll see.

Ian and Livia are both now up from naps....more on the next post.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm glad that Ian didn't have to go back into the hospital. I hate it that you are so tired. There are no words that I can say to make things better, but just know we continue to cheer you all on. I love you and pray for you and your family.

Richard said...

I diddo Melinda's words.

Jaime said...

Oh Elaine. I am so sorry. Kudos for the dual nap--that is no easy task. Please tell me every now and then you get a nap while they do. I am glad Brett has been able to stick around. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Here's to something going your way tomorrow.

Amy said...

I hope tomorrow is better. So glad to hear Ian didn't have to be readmitted. I hope a nap can somehow make it on your agenda tomorrow.
Loves...