Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Day 25

So I bought shiny Thomas the Train stickers for a reward mechanism for Ian taking his meds like a champ....one sticker for each med taken well. We'll see if it works. After 30 stickers, he gets a prize. I am very much crossing fingers on this one.

It rained most of the day here yesterday. We all went out for a brief walk in between rain showers. We were hoping to go a little farther but we didn't want to get wet--especially Ian getting wet. I went grocery shopping (at Kroger---what a treat) and got caught in one of the showers. I was worried the pancake mix box would become dough before my eyes.

I read Brett's blog daily as it is interesting to get his perspective on things. I find it interesting that we both commented on the lack of routine as being hard. I am a creature of structure and routine and it really has been rough having no set schedule. Ian at home knows that every Thursday is house cleaning day and that Monday is go to the happy face sticker store (aka wal-mart) for groceries, etc. I am trying to get us back into a "groove" with quiet time, etc. coming into play as it will help us all. Livia has no real schedule yet and I wouldn't have one for her really even if we were at home as she just barely turned 3 months.

There have been some definite funny/humorous/break the tenuous moments occurances and I'll share a few here....

*Speed limit of 13 mph around/at the Mason House--not 10 or even 15 but 13mph. What a random number. (The house was "on" emory property even so it wasn't like it was in the middle of no where.) I took a picture of one of several of the signs posted.

*Ian and Brett watching Luke Skywalker and Darth Vadar in a movie Ian calls "Star Burst"....so funny that I chuckled out loud and he corrected himself to Star Wars.

*My mother changing the sleep number of her bed to become more firm and turning on the air pump at midnight to do so not knowing the horrendous noise that would ensue.

*A manager at RMH asking/confirming that I was at least 18 to check in.

*The beeping alarm drill to get through the transplant wing door in 15 seconds.

Tomorrow is my first day going into labs with solo and I hope it goes well. Cross fingers.

2 comments:

Amy said...

remember last year when we were on the ladies trip and that shop owner thought we were college girls? i'm sure it was because of you;) no wonder the RMH thinks you are under age-and that's a good thing!

Melinda said...

I'm just glad you got to go to Kroger! That in itself is wonderful news! Still no big time clearance on diapers....They know me by name here. Hang in there. I was glad to read the funny things. So, here's to 13mph and 15 seconds! You are amazing!! And I can say that in less than 4 seconds! Love ya!