Monday, February 23, 2009

Food Storage Committment

So last Monday was my birthday and I turned 31.....that wasn't nearly as hard as turning 30. I wanted a vanilla malt from Sonic and got my wish :) It was so good and I must have talked about it so much that Ian asked Brett to get me another one on Saturday when Brett was solo with both kids while I was at a stake relief society meeting. Brett obliged (I think he needed to get out and do something).

So at this stake RS meeting I heard again about counsel to have a 3 month food storage. I went home and talked to Brett and we are getting on board with it. For a long time we thought we were doing really well....ha ha ha! When we actually reassessed our pantry (read lack thereof) and it was apparent that we were fooling ourselves. We had already set a goal to work on food storage for the year and this reassessment just made it a bit more offical. I've spent about 2 hours already strategizing where we are going to put the food (we have to move our long term storage of big #10 cans from the garage inside as I found out that was a no no) and clipping coupons to align with BOGO sales at Publix and Bi-Lo this week. So right now, I am in the thick of planning out what we are going keep in our storage, etc. I've made menus, tallied up the amounts, and projected costs, etc. and am hopeful that we can have a good chunk done by the end of June....I guess it could be faster depending on how many BOGO sales I can hit :)
Brett and Ian are going to clinic leaving late tomorrow (Livia has a 4 month well baby appointment followed by a consult for Ian as we are changing pediatricans here). Livia and I will be staying here to let her get some addition "down time" from her carseat....except that we are going to be running mass errands (like to Publix) as I can get out and do some things as I don't need to worry about keeping Ian indoors.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi Elanie, I just found your blog...it's great to catch up with you. Good luck with the 3 month goal.