Tuesday, February 10, 2009

8 weeks ago.....

So 8 weeks ago my life and the lives of my family changed forever as it marks the anniversary of Ian's transplant call. Just thinking about where we were and how far we have come is truly amazing and I am so grateful to be where we are at this point. I know I have not made it here alone as there have been countless people out there praying for us, supporting us, and loving us through this. Thank you all.

We got a call this AM from our transplant coordinator letting us know we did not need to come into clinic tomorrow. This is huge as we all needed a break from the car (and carseats). It also means that Ian's labs are looking good. He is still on a twice a week schedule getting labs done at MUSC. Brett takes him in and then we meet at a gas station to do a pick up/car swap.

Yesterday was Livia's month day--the 9th. She is 4 months old. I don't know how much she weighs but I guess it is over 15 pounds at this point. She is in the 3-6 months size clothes and size 2 diapers. She is pretty close to rolling over. She was blowing raspberries yesterday. Grasping for and then "tasting" toys are her activies du jour and she enjoys anything with music but particularly when I play the piano with Ian at my side. The pictures are of Livy on her month day.


We went outside today to do chalk and bubbles--big jumbo bubbles thanks to Aunt Bean. Ian loved it but was a bit frustrated that he couldn't catch them more readily due to the wind. Livia was mezmorized by the bubbles. I am working on lowercase letters with Ian in our "chalktime" as that is one of his/my goals for this year is to ID all lowercase without hte help of the uppercase. He is doing well. I want him to have 5 sight words, write his name a little neater and count from 15-20 (he has 1-15 mastered) as well....lofty I know but I am hopeful. I am checking preschools here for him and the two I wanted are both filled already....time for the waiting list.

No comments: