Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church, Wii and Warm weather




I was able to go to church today while Brett watched the kids. We'll be doing the swap out for a while as Ian shouldn't be at church for about another month or so....just too many germs and too many people would want to see/touch him that it is not recommended. It was wonderful to go and needed the spiritual boost today more than I realized. It was great to get out of the house in general. We're staying put except for labs to avoid the germs, etc.

Our family is enjoying the Wii we got for Christmas. Playing each night after dinner has become a bit of a routine. Brett and I are battling it out for the lead in bowling but baseball remains elusive to me. I am pretty bad at it needless to say. I did much better at golf. We'll get the Wii fit hooked up soon.

I finally have the house a bit back to normal--all the Christmas stuff is down and put away, etc. at this point. I have Ian's meds in a cabinet and they take up quite a bit of room but at least they are off the counter at this point. I am also checking into preschool options for him in the fall and found out that he would be able to do tball in the spring if he wants too. (contact sports are out and soccer is iffy at best.)

Livia is almost rolling over. She is also grabbing toys and shaking them, etc. I wonder by the amount of drool and chewing action if she may be starting to think about teething. Her month day is tomorrow :)

Slowly I feel that life is beginning to slow down a bit from Ian's transplant. Hopefully we won't need to go to clinic in Atlanta this week to get some down time here. We may go for a walk in a bit as the weather here is delightful--around 70 degrees!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I stink at baseball too. Glad to hear things are settling down a bit.

Nicki said...

I am sure going to church gave you an extra boost. I know you are a routine kind of girl like me. I am sure you must feel relieved to be at home in your own space with not has many disruptions in the routine. I think of you all often and always send happy thoughts your way.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

It sounds like you guys are doing well.Getting back in a normal routine at home has to be so nice! BTW, good luck with the teething, for me it seems as if the teething never ends....at least for Annalise!

Melinda said...

Glad to hear such a positive blog! Sounds like things are moving along! Noah keeps wanting to write to Ian...he speaks of him often. Tball this spring or next??

Chad and Carole said...

Welcome Home!!!

Richard said...

Glad to hear things are moving well.