Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day to Day

These last few days I have been particularly grateful for our Wii from Santa. I've been staying in with Ian to avoid germs and what not and the Wii has helped to pass the time and has been an excellent med motivator. Ian is a pro at bowling (his high is a 206 which is way better than mine). He also enjoys the golf game but tennis is not his strong suit as he can't quite get the timing for the swing. Livia just sits and watches us or I hold her and play....kind of tricky at some points.

We did venture out yesterday to Target (our first outing since we have been home where he has been out of the car). I made Ian stay in the cart and where gloves again and use mass amounts of germ-x when we got home. I didn't make him wear a mask which he was grateful for. I asked him which store he liked better between Wal-Mart (aka the happy face sticker store) and target and he replied that he liked them both. Wal-Mart b/c they have stickers and Thomas b/c they have Thomas things. Ian is clueless that Wal-Mart also has toys as I have never shown them to him....it is my strategy in keeping my grocery shopping trips to a minimal amount of time and productive. When he figures this out, I'll have to grocery shop at night or something.

I took a picture of Livia in one of Ian's old outfits today and am amazed at how similiar they are and yet how different. She is quite the mamma's girl. Next week is her 4 month well baby appointment at a new pediatrican and I am anxious to hear how she is doing and get her weight checked--she is chubby and I hope it is not too chubby. She also spits up a lot and want to get some insight on that.

Ian got his PICC line dressing changed for hopefully the last time today at MUSC. Next week at clinic in Atlanta we will have the line taken out as he is down to once a week lab draws. The stick of hte needle compared to the band-aid changed were weighed against each other and the stick of hte needle one hands down! He calls the blue microbial patch that has a hole in the middle his "blue donut" which I thought was very clever.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I love the updates. Ryan got a Wii for his birhtday last year. We don't have a lot of time to play it, but enjoy the games as well. Last time I tried bowling I got a 76. I guess that is what happens when you only play once a month.

Melinda said...

No such thing as too chubby of a baby! Hope you are doing well. I choose Target too....of coarse! Take care and love ya!