Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What we learned...

So we went to the beach on Saturday and discovered some important points about beach going with two kids.....

  • Put sunscreen on at the car (I know I know. It should have been a no brainer but for whatever reason we failed to do it).
  • Pack a sturdy trowel or mallet to pound in the beach umbrella. (It toppled over so many times it was useless not to mention me getting hit in the head by it).
  • If Ian gets saltwater in mouth, plan for day to be done.
  • Kids bring home more sand to create our own private beach. (Livy was better than Ian)

It was a good outing and we have definitely will apply our new found knowledge!

3 comments:

Susan said...

The thing I learned from going to the beach for 3 hours with Breeley is that I'm not a fan of going to the beach with a 1-year-old! She loved the water, but we both hated the sun and sand, so I think I'll stick to the little shaded kiddie pool in our backyard!

Chad and Carole said...

Tip: After you dig the hole for your umbrella and put the sand back around it...pour some water around it too so the sand will compact again. Much sturdier. I watched a lady do this one time and I've done it ever since with much success!

Amy said...

hey! i just stumbled across your blog! how are you guys!!??