Monday, June 15, 2009

Hymnal Fishing

So who says you can't fish on Sunday's? Apparently we haven't gotten that part of Sabbath day activities disscussion in Family Home Evening. This is his story.

We're sitting in the pew ready to sing the opening hymn in sacrament meeting on Sunday. Ian is fascinated by my mini blue hymnal and likes to find the hymn and have it open to the right page. After situating him I focused on getting a toy out for Livy to keep her quiet while in Brett's arms. When I turn back to look at Ian he has the ribbon spot marker out holding the book that is dangling over the edge of the seat and is pretending to pull the hymnal up slowly as if reeling in a big catch. I didn't get it at first and I asked him what he was doing. He then pretends to cast the hymn book back and says "I'm fishing mom". I stifled my giggles knowing this was clearly bad but so cute and very inventive. Since he has never gone fishing or anything like it I can only guess that it is Mickey Mouse Club House that is to "blame" with the handy helper fishing rod with the red gooey fish episode we recently watched. So now we keep the ribbon spot marker tucked away and keep an eye on any brewing episodes to fish in sacrament meeting.

What ever will Livy do when she is old enough? We just can't wait.

4 comments:

Toni said...

That is too cute. Kids are so creative.

Jaime said...

except it won't take her nearly as long to be so clever (I mean naughty)because she will have Ian sneaking her tricks on the sly...

Amy said...

adorable!

Sarah said...

what Jaime said...yeah! Maggie thinks whatever G does is HILARIOUS especially if it's wild or destructive. Ian is so cute. What an imagination! We miss seeing you guys every week:)