Monday, March 9, 2009

Raisins, Rolling, and Records Oh My!!!

So Saturday night was a bit interesting. For those who are not reading Brett's blog (www.maskcz.blogspot.com), I'll give the readers digest version here as to why it was interesting.....

Ian shoved a raisin up his nose. After all attempts to remove said raisin from his nose (blowing, blub syringe, etc.) we called his pediatrician who advised us to go to the ER. After a snotty experience for Brett and some trauma for Ian, the raisin came out and we are the proud owners of a package of tissues that cost some unearthly amount for the ER visit. I am needless to say grumpy. The docs gave us the raisin in a specimen jar as shown below.



Livia has decided she wants to roll over which is wonderful! But she squeaks as she cannot figure out how to get off her tummy yet. She is also eating rice cereal and has had peas now (loved them) and ate a whole container her first day. She watches with interest when we put anything to our mouths. Brett has promised not to give her tastes of things that are particularly naughty--like ice cream.



I am in the midst of getting some decorations together for a 50's sock hop fundraiser for girls camp--the records part of this title post. The sock hop is this Saturday and I'm trying to decide whether it is worth it for me to make a poodle skirt or not. I have to make a dessert item for auction and a bake sale item and am so not the chef and am a bit worried. I have my sister sending me her best recipes to make and think it will end up being Oreo Cake and Fudge Bars we'll see.

2 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

yum, I'll take the oreo cake!

Unknown said...

This is such a great picture of Livy.