Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ruby Slippers

I donned a pair of ruby red slippers and clicked my heels three times as there is no place like home and that is Virginia to me. The kids and I loaded ourselves and the DVD player for the journey (they did great actually!)

The kids got to:

help grandma and grandpa plant potatoes

play in the water table

eat lunch with grandpa at the vet college and feed the ducks

and indulge in the family favorite....STICKY POPCORN! This was Liv's first taste of the good stuff!


I got to nap, sleep in, and go out with friends for some catching up! Truly there is no place like home!

4 comments:

Toni said...

I'm glad you had a good visit. It was nice running into you at the store.

Melinda said...

It was sooooo good to see you! Miss you so much, but love the catching up! And, we got to experience a Mariachi band!!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

That sounds so nice....I love being with family...especially the sleeping in part. Looks like you guys had a great trip!

Amy said...

it was great to see you...and i want the recipe for sticky popcorn!