Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Alone....

So today, Monday the 27th is the first day that Livy, Ian and I are home completely without help. So far, everyone is still alive and actually out of PJs, with breakfast, etc. I dozed on the couch for a few while watching Thomas the Train with Ian waking up to the repeated request of Ian telling me that he had to go potty. We made it in time thankfully. All of our company left yesterday after Livy's blessing. On saturday we went to historic Charleston and walked around a lot--I didn't walk as far as the group but it was still enough that I have been sore yesterday and today taking OTC pain killer.

Ian continues to be obsessed with Livy's belly button and wants to see it everytime I change her diaper. He is such a good helper and very patient overall when I am trying to take care of her needs. We just visted the Thomas website and now are getting ready to play with his train table before lunch while Livy is napping.

In our morning prayer, Brett gave thanks that I was able to stay home with the kids....plural now and that still is taking some getting used to; that I am the mother of two and am now in the daily grind of life at home without help.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you. It's a little scary when everyone leaves but peaceful at the same time. Isn't downtown Charleston beautiful?
I hope you're going to post pictures of Livy's blessing dress!

Jaime said...

Here here. That is a huge milestone! Next goal--out with two. Not worth it for awhile though, so don't try and rush. Anxious to see more baby pics, and congrats on finding your flow...

Sarah said...

Hey Elaine! Thanks for the updates. Good luck, and I'll be calling you in a couple months for some good advice when my help is gone! Can't wait to see more:)