Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time Passes

So the count down for baby arrival is truly on at this point. 18 days left before "Baby Pat" arrives. I am scheduled for a c-section again on Oct 9th so instead of a baby pool for when she will arrive, etc. I think my family is taking "bets" on how long Ian calls the baby "baby pat" instead of her real name that is yet to be decided upon.

I have everything ready that I can think of--I'm sure there is more. Ian has been helping me fold onesies, etc. He and I went to a big brother/big sister class at our hospital here to gear him up even more. It was very cute and informative. We plan to have the baby give Ian a few gifts when she arrives based on recommendations of friends.

I've been cataloging pictures on our home computer trying to ready it for the anticipated deluge of photos of baby. Seeing Ian in the hospital and grow up before my eyes has been hard and made me realize how quickly time has past for Ian. The day to day time passing is slow but three years flashed before my eyes. It will be even more of a reality when I see a very very newborn baby and see Ian I'm sure. Amazing how time passes......

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Agreed. Some days the time goes by so slowing as I wait for the clock to strike bedtime, but then as you look back and the weeks that build upon weeks and months and years, you wondered how you fit everything in and where it all went. I am so excited for baby pink. I mean pat. I mean...name that baby for us already!