Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hokies loose....

Brett and I were blessed to go to the VT/ECU football game this weekend in Charlotte. It was so much fun! Tailgated prior to the game and then went to the game. Our seats were in sun for only about 30 minutes of the game and that fact went in my grateful journal thatI keep. We had lathered up in sunscreen though and were glad that we did. We drank lots of water and tried to keep cool mental images in mind to help.

The game was great atmosphere but kind of lacked in the actual execution of things. The Hokies just didn't look sharp on any front this game. It was the first one so I'm hoping things will come together more for my alma mater. It was kind of embarassing at some points. I've got pictures on my phone that I'll hopefully get uploaded.

As for other news, I'm nesting seriously at this point. "pat" arrives next month and I have a list of all sorts of things that need to be done before she arrives. Brett is being so patient with me. Ian gives my tummy kisses which just melt my heart! Pat is active active active and I am ready to have a waistline and non-kicked ribs.

Ian hopefully will be starting preschool soon and we are excited for that. He is way into Thomas the Train and just earned Herold the Helicopter for making good sunbeam choices (for the most part) for a week. He keeps getting scraped knees from falls, etc. which are always an emotional moment for him.

I started a facebook page...who knew you could find so many people and that they could find you? I didn't.

I'm ready for the fall season of TV to start and am sad that LOST won't be starting a new season this fall.

Happy Labor Day and as usual more on the next post....

No comments: