Friday, July 13, 2007

More of the Same

Ian had labs this last week and he dropped from top of the list to middle of the pack which is where he actually spends most of his time in the wait. His PELD is a 16 and could have been a 19 but there was some confusion at the transplant center when he had labs done last in June.

So the wait continues. Everyone comments that it is a double edged sword which is true it is. I'm just tired of the wait and hearing it. My sister with twins told me at the beginning that she got tons of questions and comments about twins and I'm starting to have a glipse of that. I get questions from medical and non-medical personnel alike. Questions or comments like "Why is he so yellow?" "Wow how does your son tan so well?" "Is he wearing makeup?" "He looks like an alien" I'm ready to stop being nice to people who ask or say such things........

I'm resigning from my position at Tele-Works, Inc. as the proposal administrator. I've been with the company for 5 years now, part of the time as their Business Manager but when I was about 7 months pregnant stepped down from that role to become part time to be with Ian. It is just time for me to be home with him more now. Things will be tight financially for our family but we can do it and we know the benefits will outweigh the sacrifice.

Some of my friends and I went out for ice cream last night and then on a whim at 10pm we decided to go swimming (one of my friends has an in ground pool). It was such a great thing to just go and have some girl time. I'm turning 30 soon and still feel young at heart and doing something like that helps me to convince myself :)

Brett updated his blog so check out his spot (the maskcz link I have listed). As always, more on the next blog.....

No comments: