Wednesday, June 15, 2011

disney

We had a great trip to Orlando to Disney World and while there celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary.
We went to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom (for two days) and Hollywood studios and built in two rest days and were very glad to have done so. We used one to take me to an urgent care place to get antibiotics and the other for the boys to golf and the girls to shop. The heat wasn't so bad; I think living in Charleston, SC for three years helped with that and the crowds/lines weren't as bad as I had feared. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes for anything and used the fastpass system as much as we could. The kids didn't go to bed before 10pm any of the nights we were there and ALL of us napped during our rest period when we would leave the parks each day. I had lots of great tips before we left and one of the best was to use a crockpot to have nice hot meals ready for when we returned each day. I would highly recommend this to anyone going. I researched A TON of what do to, what to see, the best times for each ride, etc. and I think (and hope) that it paid off calling our vacation a success.
This was Brett's first time ever going to Disney and he enjoyed it just like the kids. Rockin' Rollercoaster at Hollywood studios was probably his favorite because it was a) a big roller coaster and b) set to one if his favorite bands, Areosmith. Ian would say his favorite things of the trip were the Toy Story Mania game, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest and Jedi Training. Livia's top requests were the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Nemo, seeing Tinkerbell, and the Honeypot ride. I think some of my favorites were eating a dole pineapple whip (nostalgia from my trips to Disney as a kid) and watching the kids faces during the parades and shows.
We have over 450 photos of the trip so I'm posting only a few here and a few more on facebook.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

looks like tons of fun. Glad to see your family is doing well.

Toni said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a good trip.