Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What We've Been Up To....

So since my last post we've been keeping busy by:

Going to the James Island County light show. It was great and we even did the train ride (aka golf cart decorated like a train) which Ian loved. This is us by a giant sand sculpture.

Celebrating Christmas. Our kids were amazing and didn't "wake" until 8am when I went in to get them. We got dressed and ate sweet rolls (tradition) before going downstairs to see what Santa brought. Ian's big present was a bike which isn't in this picture and Livy's was a kitchen set. They both were giddy with joy.

Cooking my first turkey in 10.5 years of marriage I managed to escape this. I read up on "how to" on line and found a herb roasted recipe which turned out to be a keeper. My worries about whether the bird would fit my roaster, it would be raw when it was mealtime, too dry, were unfounded as it was OK.

Eating way too many treats. This only shows part of the treats that we had/received for Christmas. (We are still working on Halloween candy!). We finally finished the last Christmas cookie tonight for treat and Ian asked when I would be making more and my answer was, "next Christmas!




4 comments:

Heather said...

Cooked my first turkey this year too! We should have called each other for support! Glad yours turned out good ours was good also!

Katie said...

Haha, "Next Christmas!" is hilarious. It looks like you all had a great holiday. I just made pumpkin pie yesterday... I don't want the holidays to end!

Toni said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas.

Lauren in GA said...

Congrats on your first turkey turning out well!!

I belly laughed at your awesome comment on my blog about the Fisher Price barn with the door that moos when you open it. It took me back...way back in time...You are awesome!