Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No Tears

Ian started Kindergarten today! He did great and no one shed tears today at the drop off; speaking of drop off. It was absolute insanity at the school area today. Cars parked on the road (not kidding) cars parked on the grass, etc. It was worse than the aftermath of 4th of July Fireworks. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Ian will be dropped off in the AM b/c of his prograf medication. Here is Ian outside his school.

Ian placed his things in his cubby and then found his desk. After getting some crayons, he told us that we could go. Alrighty then! And that was that. Ian was in Kindergarten.
The bus was 30 minutes late dropping off this afternoon which wouldn't have been too bad except for the fact it was a downpour for 15 of those minutes and I was trying to keep livy entertained and hold the umbrella. Ian is showing his name tag for a bus rider after he got off the bus today.
The best part of the day Ian told me was "the mouse hunt" which was where they had to act quiet like mice around the school. And then when they got back to their room, a mouse had a left a note and cookies. The teacher, Mrs. Slusser, did a If you Give a Mouse a Cookie story activity. Ian was thrilled to find not one but two (as he excitedly told me), Chicka Chicka Boom Boom books in the reading center of his class room but sad that he has not unearthed a Thomas the Train book. We may be gifting the class a Thomas book or two.
His homework tonight was to draw a picture of his favorite part of the day. Tomorrow's homework is to write his name 2 times, and then Thursday's homework is to sing the ABC's twice. I have to sign his school folder each night. This is good stuff!
To keep Livia and I occupied this morning so we didn't get too sad, we went shopping at Harris Teeter for Super Double Coupons. We did the most awesome I have ever done on couponing! We scored as shown below:
6 Danimals drinking yogurt packs
5 Danino's yogurt packs
3 Activia packs
3 Peter Pan peanut butters
All for the low price of....................

GETTING MONEY BACK!!!!! Harris Teeter PAID ME $0.35 for the above groceries! A very good sort of retail therapy if I do say so.

1 comment:

Toni said...

That's awesome on the shopping. I had a time where Kroger owed me 6 cents and they wouldn't give it to me. They said you can't get money back. They were going to take away one of my coupons so that I would owe them money. I was so mad. I finally just left the stuff and walked out. I didn't need it bad enough to pay extra for it.