Monday, May 3, 2010

How Much?

My new hobby is couponing (see http://www.southernsavers.com/ for how to start couponing). I went sans children (thanks Brett!) on Saturday after a fabulous Stake Women's conference to the local Harris Teeter that was having triple coupons and this is what I got:

2 cans of refried beans
2 cans of green chilies
1 box of motz sticks
4 cartons of yoplait kid yogurt
2 boxes gogurt
2 cartons trix yogurt
2 cartons light and fit yogurt
1 carton breyers yogurt
1 package turkey bacon
1 box country crock marg
1 package sargento cheese
2 packages mahatma rice mix
2 rolls viva paper towels

And for all this I paid.......
$6.70!!!! I saved over $48. It was worth getting lost on the way home! And yes, the cashier asked me how many children I had buying that much yogurt :)

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Your "new" hobby? You taught me all I know! Love ya for it! Way to go!

Toni said...

Awesome!

Jaime said...

New? my words exactly Melinda...

Chad and Carole said...

Elaine, let me share with you my disappointing coupon experience. I, too, did Southern Savers when I was there...loved it. Doubles, Triples, Store Coupons, Competitors Coupons, B1G1 Deals...just beautiful. Here in Utah it's just Blah...no doubles, no B1G1 deals, no store coupons. It's just ridiculous! Why even have coupons! I sure miss it. Oh and say hi to your family for us!