Friday, December 18, 2009

Liver Day Celebration

We celebrated Ian's first liver day yesterday with green cupcakes topped with green frosting and sprinkles and for dinner we had what else but pizza our usual celebration dinner. We made it a year without a rejection episode and that has been a wonderful miracle for our family. I am filled with all sorts of joy!



Ian also had his preschool program on his Liver Day and I had to choke back tears while at the program thinking how different things were a year ago. He did a great job with his part. Livy however was mostly a wiggle worm through the entire thing so my pictures are somewhat blurring because of her jostling the camera.




It is hard to believe that we are already at the year mark for his transplant. Our hearts are full of gratitude for the family, friends, donor family, medical staff, and Heavenly Father who made this possible.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Can't say how happy we are for you!

Jaime said...

I cannot belive it has been a year. What a difference a year makes, eh? How different will your Christmas be too? I mean, isn't it all so amazing? If I have learned nothing else this year, it is that the difference between life and death is in Heavenly Father's hands, and His plan never ceases to amaze me. Yay for Ian and yay for your family!!

Toni said...

We are so excited for you! Here's to a nother great year.

M and B said...

I'm so glad he is doing so well! He looks SSOOOO happy eating that cupcake:)